The scenic village of Sangolda is situated in the Bardez taluka of North Goa. It is surrounded by villages of Soccorro, Pilerne Marra, Saligao and Guirim.
As per the 2011 census the village population stands at 2305 males and 2124 females with a total of 4429.
The main source of income of Villagers of V.P. Sangolda is from farming. Most famous for Alsande grown in village. Different varieties of vegetables are grown in village. Also farming of Rice, watermelon, chillies is being done in the village.
Places of interest
The Village Sangolda is blessed with religious places/monuments such as
(1) Sai Baba Temple at Morod, Sangolda
(2) Shantadurga Temple at Livrament Vaddo, Sangolda,
(3) Vithal Rakumai Temple at Monte Villa, Sangolda
(4) Shree Brahman Rashtroli Mahadev DevasthanTemple, Bella Vista, Sangolda
(5) Mae De Dues Chappel at Mae De Deus Vaddo, Sangolda
(6) Livrament Chappel at Livrament vaddo, Sangolda,
(7) St. Diagos Church, Sangolda-Guirim,
(8) Water Spring at Mae De Deus waddo, Sangolda.
1) Feast of Mae De Deus Chapel in the month of May is celebrated.
2) Feast of Livrament Chapel in the month of October/November is celebrated.
3) Palki Utsav at Sai baba Temple-Morod in the month of April and Gurupurnima ustav are being celebrated.
4) Shivratri utsav at Shree Brahman Rashtroli Devasthan Temple
5) Palki utsav of Vithal Rakhumai temple in the month of March is celebrated.